The Liebster Blog Award: Second Nomination!


Wow! So this is the second time now I've been nominated for The Liebster Blog Award, this time by Camille. I really love this award/tag and it's great to be able to do it again! So thank you so much to Camille for nominating me for this...Isn't it strange that the first time I did this tag I was "sakurapikuseru" and now I'm "milkeipure"!
The great thing is that all of you new readers who joined me after the name change, we can take this time to learn more about each other okay? ;) So let's move onto the tag itself!
  • You must link back the person who nominated you. 
  • You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you. 
  • You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers . 
  • You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer. 
  • You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.

Camille's Questions:

What made you decided to make a blog and what do you love the most about blogging?

I can't even remember honestly! I think I made this blog as a new year's resolution one year! But I only really count my "blog" starting from last year. That's when I really started to blog like I do now! I started blogging then because I had bought some Korean cosmetics and I had been reading lots of reviews before buying products so I wanted to sort of give back to everyone by reviewing some of my products as well! I think that's still my policy today really! Without older bloggers and youtubers, I don't think I'd be able to wear clothes, do my hair or makeup or anything! So I want to try and help other people who were like the younger me!
That's also the thing I love the most! Getting a really sweet comment, tweet or email...the ones that you just sit there and think "Yep this was all worth it!" I've lost count of how long I've spent on this corner of the internet now...but probably too long for somewhere that's not a job considering I'm a student ;D But blogging makes me so much happier than any job would in my opinion! It's the readers I love the most... and sitting editing photos obviously as well! I have so much fun with that sometimes!

What is your motto?

"내가 제일 잘 나가"! It means I Am The Best and is also the title of my favourite 2NE1 song. I really love this phrase and it's written on my bedroom wall, in my scheduler, everywhere! I think it's really important to remember yourself!
Like most teenage girls, I used to suffer from really awful confidence! Even now I'm not great! But seeing this written everywhere and remembering that I'm the best really makes me go for opportunities 100%. It's important to remember you're the best "you" there is and no one else can do that as well as you can! :)

How many times do you check your blog? 

Oh this is an embarrassing question! ...Too much! Sometimes I just sit here and look at it...I don't do anything...just stare at it! I find looking at my blog really helps when I want to change something, when I was changing fonts I just stared at my blog for a while and waited for it to come to me xD
Occasionally when I'm in the Apple store or any computer store where you've got access to them, I'll set my blog as the webpage on the devices and then walk out the store! It's interesting to think of what the next person will do when they see that open! I'm not really using it as a form of promotion...I don't think that would work anyway...but it's a really fun idea to think about right?

If you could be someone else for the day, who would you be? 

Probably Maggie Q! I always say her...but it's true! She's so multi-talented and perfect. She's so pretty, but at the same time she's a martial artist. There's not many women famous for martial arts in the way Maggie Q is and I just find her really inspirational! It would be really fun just imagining how she thinks and everything and seeing how her views differ from mine. Our views are genuinely relatively similar, except perhaps she's on the more extreme end of things, so that would be really fun!

Do you have any specific fashion style? 

Honestly? Nope. My clothing style changes from day-to-day. I take the small amount of inspiration I need for my outfits from so many places... from K-pop idols to Youtubers and everyone inbetween I think I've got a pretty out of place style. I never really seem to fit into a fashion category and I always focus more on my face than on my outfits. 
I never seem to consider my clothes and I just place them as the last thing on my checklist! When I get dressed in the morning clothes are the last thing to think about and when I go on holiday...clothes come after makeup and hair tools and everything as well! 
Fashion never made the same impact on me that makeup has! I think I blame that on the English education system! I've just got out of schools which force me to wear a uniform for so long, that I'm now not sure what to do with myself when I'm out! I've had to just focus on my hair and makeup rather than my outfit so it was never a priority before now.

What is the one brand, clothing or makeup, you couldn't imagine life without? 

Before I would have said Innisfree or Tony Moly...and as much as I love those brands for colour makeup~ I think actually for basic items that are essential to my everyday use I'd have to go with Missha! My Holy Grail BB Cream and Cleanser are both from Missha and therefore I don't think I can really get through a day without using a product by Missha. I wouldn't say I'd need these stranded on a desert island - although the SPF coverage in the BB cream is pretty high so on an island I might be needing that! - but it comes pretty close to that. If I could only take 3 beauty products out with me then 2 out of them would be by Missha! (The other would probably be Etude House's lip balms!)
Although Missha don't have the most creative packaging, their formulas work perfectly on my skin...So definitely Missha here!

What beauty thing are you rubbish at? 

Moisturising! I'm awful at it. I'm so great at cleansing - so great I managed to fill up the whole of the first section of my latest series with the stuff. I'm alright at applying toners and serums...but when it comes to moisturisers, my skin just feels so clogged and I'm so bored by that point anyway!
I love my skincare routine and everything, but half an hour into it and it's coming to the end and I'm supposed to apply my moisturiser...I do it in such a bored manner that it all seems largely pointless!
I'm starting to get better now (the lemon mask from The Face Shop seemed to have dried out my skin for all of eternity now!) because my skin is drier so it just seems more necessary now...but it's taken so long for me to see the importance of it. I still don't really I think...

What is your biggest obsession? 

Sun care! Anyone who knows me in real life knows that the second the sun shows any intention of coming out, I'm forever hounding you telling you to put your suncream on. If there's one thing that annoys all of my friends more than anything, I think it's probably my need to remind everyone to wear sun cream. I've been like this for as long as I can remember! My mum taught me to always wear a high SPF coverage and to apply it regularly throughout the day even if it says all-day...and I think that was so drilled into my brain for so long, that now I'm just obsessive over it!
Luckily, there doesn't seem to be much of a problem with this!

What is your biggest goal in life? 

It sounds so cliche... but I just want to be happy more than anything! These days it's so easy to surround ourselves with people who just put us down.. For so long I was around people who made me feel awful and I really wasn't very happy at all. So now I think I value happiness over everything else in life. When I'm happy now it really means more to me. I used to want a great job, huge house...all of those things. Now I'd be pretty happy to just get by but be happy. 
I do also want to make something out of my life obviously. I'd love to go into the beauty industry somehow...but how I'm going to do that I'm still clueless about. Honestly I've really got no involvement other than through my blog, I don't take any college courses in beauty or fashion or any degrees or anything. I'm a philosophy student! So it'll be interesting to see how that's going to pan out! I'm definitely going to make it happen though! ...I'll just admit that if it wasn't for all of your support then I probably wouldn't even think of it! I'd asked a number of you what you thought of my goals before and everyone was really supportive and sweet about it so that was really encouraging! So thank you ;D

How do you feel about being nominated?

Great! :D This is my favourite award, it really highlights some of the important things I think about blogging and I'll be checking out all of the other people Camille tagged as well, so it's a great way to find new blogs! It's not only a great way for you all to get to know me and the people I'm going to tag, but I can also find new people! I hope you all enjoyed this post as much as I have writing it! I really enjoy these sort of question and answer posts because I know I'm answering questions that people genuinely want to know the answer to as well ;) Sometimes I feel like I'm just blogging to a brick wall if that makes sense? I never know whether people will care about what I have to say....

Thank you so much for reading this! Now I think it's really onto my own nominations! First I'll share with you my 10 questions for my nominees!


My Questions:

  1. Grab your bag and pick 3 things out of it! What are they and why are they in there?
  2. Do you have any regrets in your life? Is there anything you would have done differently?
  3. Give one tip to your readers that sums up your philosophy/beliefs!
  4. Is there any beauty/style tips that you just don't believe?
  5. Where do you see you and your blog in 2 years time?
  6. How often do you spend reading other people's blogs?
  7. Name one blogger whose blog theme/layout you really love!
  8. Have you found any of your HG products yet?
  9. We all have one scent that we hate, what's yours?
  10. What's more important: Makeup? Hair? Or fashion?

My Nominees:

Mincho from A Korean Doll
Zy from Dollzy
Eva from Bunny Kiss
Li Su from Liva Su Life
Mea from Miss Mewar
Crystal from Sujeongi
세라 from Mirukuseki
Lauren from Little Porcelain Princess
Yomi from Gwiyomi Style
Daphne from Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life

I love all 10 of these girls and please go and check them all out if you've got time...if not...make time ;D aha~ Thanks to Camille for giving me my 3rd award~ and an excuse to share 10 more of my favourite bloggers with you all! I feel like some of the blogs I read are certainly underrated and the Liebster award gets us sharing and just being great so please share this tag!
Also if I haven't tagged you but you've got under 200 followers and want to try it, then please feel free and leave a comment in the comment section below with a link to your post!

Have a great day everyone and look after your skin in this weather! It doesn't seem particularly sunny these days, but looks can be deceiving!

Edit!!
I've been nominated for some more Liebster Blog Awards so I'll just add any more recent questions into this post so you all don't have millions of tag posts coming into your subscription boxes.

From Y-oonyee

I really love Sandy/Y-oonyee...both as a blogger and just as a general person ;) She's so sweet and a great girl :D There really needs to be more people like her in the world because she's great so please check out her blog HERE

And here's my questions from Sandy!

Would you rather have perfect skin or perfect hair?

Perfect hair! I don't think my skin is that bad ;D So if someone asked me now to improve my skin or my hair it would definitely be my hair! But if I had to start over again and I'd had to choose only one...skin is always important to me!

If you could meet anybody in the world, who would you choose?

Lindy Tsang AKA Bubzbeauty! She's such a great role model and inspiration to every female in the world and it would just be an honour to meet her because she's so great. We're also the same height and wear the same clothes size xD so I could steal her wardrobe :L

Who are your top 3 favourite YouTubers?

As you might have guessed from the previous question, Bubzbeauty is top. Without Bubz I don't think my hair would look anything like it does today...and the same with my face and clothes. She was my favourite YouTuber when I started on the internet and she still is today. But coming in really close second is Beautifymeeh! She's so sweet and Yunwoo and Aiden are so cute as well. 
Finally I'm going to pick Nayoung/BlueOiseau/Osieau88! She's so pretty and one of my main inspirations to get perfect skin. Even though she's not uploading as many videos or anything any more, I love her skin and style - and her house ;D

When did you start using make up?

I started wearing it everyday when I got into High School so I would have been about 13/14 then but I was a dancer until about a year ago and I had to wear stage makeup since about 3/4 then I guess? I've been able to do my own makeup and hair since I started school, my mum's pretty useless at all of that and I had to do my own hair and makeup for ballet anyway so by the time I was wearing it every day I don't think I was that bad at applying it actually!

What are your makeup essentials?

BB Cream all the way. I can't leave the house without it. That's all. I can leave the house without everything else but not without BB cream. It gives me enough coverage whilst looking natural and also acts as suncream so it's the ultimate perfect product.

What song do you love right now?

CL's The Baddest Female. I could sing that song in my sleep...in fact I probably do! That's how much I've listened to it recently. It's just the perfect song and CL's great :)

Where is the one place you want to travel to, and why?

South Korea! I've figured I'd spend way too much money if I went. Most people would come up with some normal reason for wanting to visit a country...I just want to see Etude Stores in real life and go to Korean coffee shops. Korea is really different from England...but it's still more similar than Japan and other Asian countries... 

Do you have a role model regarding fashion and beauty style?

Bubzbeauty for beauty all the way. Without her I don't think I'd be bothered to keep going with the whole skincare thing everyday. She always somehow guilts me into following through with my routines. Stylewise I really love Jenn Im. She's so pretty and although you guys can't see how Jenn inspires me because my style isn't that similar...it's more of a confidence thing honestly!
Also K-pop idols obviously ;D Looking at those guys constantly it would be impossible not to be inspired by them!

How do you find inspiration to write?

Other bloggers! I love just sitting on Bloglovin' for hours and reading everyone elses posts. I actually write a lot more than what gets published because I get halfway through a post and give up xD But other bloggers is the main thing that keeps me going honestly! That and getting new products!

Magazines or books?

I really love looking at magazines...but books all the way. I say this though but the only books I've been recently reading have been school ones... Ah the life of a student!

What is your favourite quote you live by?

As I said previously "I Am The Best" ;D But also I like the phrase "even monkeys fall from trees" when I'm studying. I turn into a bit of a perfectionist sometimes but this one makes me realise that everything doesn't need to be done perfectly all the time. I can sometimes fail or not do great and everything is going to be okay. Everything happens for a reason! Like at the moment I'm waiting to see whether I've got into university, if I haven't then that's okay! Sure I'll be sad, but a ton of new opportunities will come whether I go or not so that's not really an issue, we just need to enjoy life and that's all that matters!

Thanks Sandy again for tagging me and giving some great questions there! ;)